Based in Larisa, Greece
27 September, 2013
In the near future Greg's girlfriend Chloe mysteriously disappears in front of him. He starts a desperate search for her. What happened? Why does no-one else remember her? Solve puzzles, explore fully 3d environments, interact with numerous characters and solve the mystery! Lost Echo, is a story driven, point and click adventure game designed for iPhone, iPad and Windows Phone.
A 6 month project that ended up taking over 2 years, Lost Echo is the game that we, KickBack, a team of two, naively, decided that we really wanted to make. After a lot of work, despair, rookie mistakes, bad planning and fumbling with things we weren't prepared for, Lost Echo was finally released in September 2013. Since then it has been updated with a ton more features, fixes, upgrading of graphics, retouching of animations, dialogue edits, multiple localisations, redone menus, better fonts and most importantly, better UVs for a certain scene, which results in like 5% better packing that then results in roughly the same visual quality and took a lot of time to do. Lost Echo: Resonance, the free epilogue/DLC to Lost Echo, that will provide better closure to the story, will also be released at some point in the future.
- Detailed and realistic graphics, rarely found on mobile devices!
- A soundtrack written specifically for the game. Drawing from multiple genres, it creates the proper atmosphere for each area.
- An engrossing mystery with a satisfying conclusion. Meet and interact numerous characters, find clues and slowly reveal the truth. But is the truth really enough?
- Point and click is one of those genres where touch devices just make sense. We made sure we took advantage of that.
Announcement Trailer YouTube
Android Launch Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Multiple nominations and runner ups in the 2014 Aggie Awards!" http://www.adventuregamers.com/articles/view/26025
- "Gold Award from Pocketgamer.fr"
- "Featured multiple times on the App Store." In categories "Best New Games", "Spectacular Stories", "Amazing Adventure Games" and "15 Greatest Storylines"
- "Reached Top 10 Games in 29 countries."
- "A richly defined, innovative experience, Lost Echo is exactly what an iOS adventure should be, capturing the spirit of traditional adventure gaming with all the potential the platform has to offer."
- Randall Rigdon, AdventureGamers
- "Cutting edge, stunning looking adventure games do not usually debut on iOS, but indie studio KickBack seems to think otherwise."
- Konstantinos Dimopoulos, IndieGames
- "A good looking game with a challenging mystery waiting to be solved: you won't be able to put it away!"
- Luciano, Touch Tap Play
- "Simple controls and amazing areas to explore make the game a pleasure to play, I just wish there was more of it to enjoy."
- Mike Stubbsy, God is a Geek
- "This is a must-buy for anybody who loves sci-fi, mystery, or just adventure games in general.""
- Lucy Ingram, 148apps
- "Gorgeous future-modern world that is believable yet at times surreal. An engaging plot that takes off right from the beginning and contains little filler."
- Jillian Werner, GameZebo
- "You're still working on that?!"
- Family and friends,
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
KickBack allows for the contents of Lost Echo to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Lost Echo is legally & explicitly allowed by KickBack. This permission can be found in writing at http://www.kickback-studios.com/press/sheet.php?p=lost_echo.
Interview by 148apps
We were interviewed by 148apps.com for our game Lost Echo! http:.
Interview by GameSkinny
We were interviewed by GameSkinny for our game Lost Echo! http:.
Indie Game Dev Studio and secret superhero organization. When we are not out fighting crime, we write code and create art for indie games!
More information on KickBack, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Lost Echo Credits
Art (and everything else)
Programming (and everything else)